Monday 19 September 2011

Polly - The final chapter

Sweet dreams Polly

Today was a very hard day for all of us at the centre. The decision was made that in Polly's best interest the kindest thing to do was to have her was put to sleep. Polly had been detiorating quite rapidly over the past few days and it was her time to go kitty heaven. 

Polly spent her last evening sleeping under my jumper. I thought that the smell of me might comfort her during the night. I found it very hard to leave Polly last night and she purred next to me. She knew as well as I did that the time had come.  She had become very weak and she was refusing to eat anything. I hated seeing her like this.

This morning when I arrived at work the first thing I did when I walked through the door was to check on how Polly was doing. We had a big cuddle and she sat on my lap quite content for a while. I would have stayed with her all morning but unfortunately I had work to do!

Then the time came for Polly to see our vet Fiona. Polly laid herself down on the vet room table as if she was ready. I comforted her and gave her lots of kisses and told her that I loved her and that everything was alright. She then drifted into an eternal sleep, it was very peaceful. Polly was a cat very dear to my heart and I will miss her and never forget her. She has left paw prints on my heart forever.

I took Polly to Sue at Pets at Rest this afternoon to be cremated. Her ashes will come to the centre and then I will decide where I want Polly's final resting place to be. Goodnight my precious Polly, all my love Holly xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment