Monday 12 December 2011

Homing Appeal - Jackson

I need an indoor home

Hello there my name is Jackson. I am a big, cuddly boy looking for a loving home. I love lots of attention and I really enjoy sitting on a lovely warm lap. 

Before coming to CP I was a stray. I also wasn't neutered, had a flea allergy and my coat really needed a brush. Since then I have been pampered and now I think I look rather dashing! 

Due to my previous life as a stray I have unfortunately contracted the Feline Aids Virus (FIV). This means that I need an indoor home. 

FIV is a virus similar to the human HIV virus. However, FIV does not infect humans and HIV does not infect cats. The virus is present in blood, saliva and other body fluids of the infected cat. The virus is unstable outside the cat's body and cannot survive for long periods outside of the cat. It is transmitted by cats fighting and can be passed on from an infected female to her kittens. Jackson more than likely contracted the virus through fighting with other cats as he was un-neutered. One of the many very good reasons to get your cat neutered.  For more information about Feline Immunodeficiency Virus please visit our website.

Please give Jackson a  chance, he really is a lovely boy and he would make the purr-fect family pet. He is a real softy!

No comments:

Post a Comment